COACHES, ART TEACHERS, EDUCATORS, PARENTS WITH CAMPERS
Competitive Salary plus Travel Allowance. FREE CAMP TUITION for Senior Staff children. Gratuities between $400-$1500. Meals, lodging, laundry service provided. Work with high-caliber staff from around the world. Same family ownership since 1963. Only 2½ from NYC and Philly.
DESCRIPTION OF CAMP CAYUGA:
* Private, coed, nonsectarian, sleepaway camp.
* Located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, Wayne County.
* 2½ hours from New York City and Philadelphia.
* 390 normal average children ages 6 to 16.
* Diverse camp population from 26 states and 17 countries.
* Separate Teen Campus reserved just for teens!
* Each camper is under the close care of at least 2 cabin counselors.
* 135 counselors who are entering sophomore year of college or older.
* Each area in camp (athletics, horsemanship, etc) is directed by Senior Staff.
* 40 Senior Staff who are professional educators, teachers, nurses, and
* Staff to camper ratio is better than 1 to 4.
* Over 60 daily activities.
* Free-choice activity program for 5th graders and older.
* First-Time Camper Guarantee!
* Family owned and operated since 1963.
* Comprehensive Facilities. Modern Cabins.
* ACA accredited camp.
SEEKING QUALITY STAFF:
* Our success in camping is directly related to the quality of our staff, who are dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for our campers.
* Seeking individuals with high moral character who exhibit strong leadership skills, good sportsmanship, and the ability to work hard.
* If you consider yourself a good role model and have a genuine interest in working with children, we encourage you to apply.
* Our staff members are successful because they're patient, enthusiastic, have a good sense of humor, and possess a friendly outgoing personality.
* FREE camp tuition for Senior Staff children.
* Competitive salary & travel allowance.
* Meals, lodging, and laundry service are provided.
* Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
* Staff gratuities range between $400 to $1500.
* Staff Lounge with internet access & satellite television.
* Precamp and Postcamp employment is available.
* Accept challenging responsibilities, and gain valuable lifetime rewards.
* Make a positive impact upon the lives of our campers.
* Meet children and high-caliber staff from around the world.
* Develop strong life-long friendships.
* Camp Cayuga is a FUN place to spend your summer!
OVER 175 STAFF POSITIONS
* Seeking artistically-creative and talented individuals to lead our Creative Arts Program, which features a broad spectrum of activities that provide campers the opportunity to artistically express themselves.
* The Creative Arts Staff is comprised of 6-8 Directors who are typically certified art teachers.
* Documented experience teaching art classes to children.
* Experience and/or the ability to manage a diverse art program.
* Assisting the Art Directors are 15 university-level instructors who typically are majoring in creative arts, and the like.
20+ MEDICAL STAFF:
* Licensed professionals who are suitably qualified to monitor and care for the health & well-being of our campers/staff.
* Medical team includes 8 to 10 individuals with RN, NP, PA, LPN, EMT, or MD.
* Experience with children and young adults in the areas of health and medical emergencies.
* Must respond to campers with sensitivity, and have the patience to enjoy working with them daily.
* Each campus (Junior Campus & Teen Campus) features its own health center.
* Private accommodations with a private full bathroom is provided.
* 8 Week and Last-4 Week positions available.
* Activity Directors are members of our Senior Staff, who are typically professional educators, school teachers, coaches, guidance counselors, and the like.
* Mature individuals to fulfill various Activity Directorship Positions: Athletic Directors, Tennis Director (USTA pro), Intercamp Tournament Directors, Horsemanship Director, Pool Directors, Lake Director, Adventure & Wilderness Director, Flying Trapeze Director, Circus Arts Director, Creative Arts Directors, Pottery Director, Ceramics Director, Performing Arts Director, and Extreme Sports Director.
10+ DIVISION DIRECTORS:
* Division Directors are senior staff members, who set the 'tone' for Cayuga's family atmosphere.
* The typical 'Division' includes 50-70 campers and 10-15 counselors.
* Monitor the care & safety of campers/staff in your division.
* Assist counselors & provide guidance with camper homesickness, disciplinary issues, personality conflicts, etc.
* Be aware of parental concerns regarding each camper, such as: eating habits, activity requests, etc.
* Communicate with parents of campers who may be experiencing difficulties in camp.
40+ SENIOR STAFF LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:
Seeking mature individuals to fulfill various supervisory positions including: Division Directors, Head Counselors, Day Program Directors, Evening Entertainment Directors, Special Event Directors, Trip Directors, and Health Supervisor.
ADMINISTRATIVE & SUPPORT STAFF:
* Seeking 6-10 enthusiastic individuals who can assist with: telephone answering; mailings; data entry into computer; website design; computer specialist; record keeping, filing, copying, and other general office duties.
* Seeking mature individuals who have the experience, expertise, and qualifications to assume the following: Academic Tutors, ESL Tutors, Canteen Supervisor (camp store), Camp Photographer, Maintenance Director, Transportation Director, Mechanic, Bus Drivers, and CDL Drivers.
FOOD SERVICE STAFF:
* Seeking Food Service Professionals who have experience and expertise in quantity food production.
* Qualifications needed to fulfill the following positions: Food Service Director, First Chef, Second Cooks, and Dining Hall Manager.
135+ ACTIVITY INSTRUCTORS:
* Seeking multi-talented energetic counselors who can provide quality instruction from beginner to advanced levels in two or more land sports.
* Instruction is geared to the camper's individual skill level, and is patient and thorough with due regard for both safety and enjoyment.
* Cayuga's Daily Program offers activities in Athletics (tennis, basketball, fencing, etc), Water Sports (lifeguards, WSI, sailing, etc), Creative Arts (pottery, ceramics, silk screening, etc), Performing Arts (drama, music, dance, etc), Media Arts (photography, radio DJ, etc), Adventure & Wilderness (survival tactics, ATVs, rock climbing, etc), Extreme Sports (bungee, ATVs, paintball, skateboarding, etc), Horseback Riding (horse care, jumping, etc), Flying Trapeze and Circus Arts, and more.
Health and Safety
First Aid Instructor
Water Safety Instructor
Special Needs Counselor
Outdoor Trip Leader
Arts and Crafts
Painting And Drawing
Computers - Gaming
Teacher - General
321 Niles Pond Rd, Suite ICCH
Honesdale-Pocono Mountains, PA 18431
P.O. Box 151, Suite ICCH
Peapack, NJ, 07977
908-470-1224 or 800-4-CAYUGA (tel.)
Copyright © 1995 - 2017 Camp Channel, Inc.