Are you ready for your best summer ever?
We are looking for responsible, caring, energetic individuals who have a genuine interest in working with students to join the Summer Discovery family.
Our team of campus specialists, directors, resident counselors, residential life coordinators and a full program staff make Summer Discovery the leading pre-college summer program. Our team goes above and beyond to provide an unforgettable summer experience.
The Summer Discovery philosophy is rooted in dedication to quality; quality in staff, academics, support systems, organization and a general commitment to excellence. We expect our staff to embrace and reflect this dedication.
Summer Discovery is looking for Resident Counselors to operate the residential life component of our programs for high school or middle school students at one of our college campus locations:
Colorado University, Boulder
University of Texas, Austin
University of Michigan
University of Miami
Johns Hopkins University
Be a Mentor
Summer Discovery resident counselors have a significant impact on each and every student and staff member present. We hire only those individuals who are selfless and devoted to making a difference in a student’s pre-college experience.
Our programs success depends on communicating to our student’s that they are welcomed and valued. We are seeking trustworthy, fun-loving individuals who encourage the values of exploration and inclusivity and are passionate about the pre-college experience. A clear head in unfamiliar situations and an ability to change responsibilities quickly is crucial.
What you can expect as a Resident Counselor
· Roundtrip Transportation
· Live and eat on campus
· Meet people from all parts of the world.
· Work harder than you ever have.
· Challenge yourself in ways you never dreamed of.
· Have one of the best, most memorable summers ever.
What we expect from our Resident Counselors
· 21 years old prior to campus arrival date
· A responsible and caring attitude with a team player mentality.
· Unselfish behaviors that put students first.
· Passion for experiential learning, travel, and working with students
· Must be eligible to work in the US
· Completed or pursuing a 4-year college or university degree
· Willingness to work unusual hours with limited time off
Please note, we conduct the following:
· DMV checks
· Criminal background checks
· Reference checks
To apply, please complete an application: www.summerdiscovery.com/summer-jobs