We are looking for enthusiastic, committed, kind and hardworking humans to make camp happen for the 2019 summer camp program. The Double H Ranch serves children aged 6-16 with chronic illnesses free of charge in a traditional summer camp setting.
• The campers’ go-to crew, providing the overall care and support as campers participate in camp
• Work as a team to create a sunny, warm environment regardless of the weather
• Will often put on a costume, get messy or share a rain coat to create camp excitement
• Grow to be an expert in back pocket games, cheers, and giving a hug at the perfect time
• Live in the cabin with campers and are the watchful eye and the fun superhero
• Create and implement daily activities at one of our 10 program areas (outdoor education, arts and crafts, high ropes, and more)
• Engaging facilitators who help campers learn what they’re capable of
• Innovators of imagination who can turn a theme into an activity and switch gears with a moment’s notice
• Excited to be in a child’s world and role model curiosity, creativity, team work, and kindness
• Join and support their cabin team when program areas are closed
• Responsible for the supervision and safety of a cabin team and its campers
• Can build a team, track important information, organize a schedule and make camp fun
• Captains of the cabin and can navigate the roles of student, teacher, coach and friend
• Give and receive feedback, mediate disagreements, and set a tone of kindness, safety, and respect for all camp
• Will put on a costume, volunteer to go first, and lead the “down time” fun
Staff Requirements (the logistics of the job):
• Summer staff must be 19 years of age or 18 with at least one year of college
• CITs can be 17 years of age
• Residential from June until August
• Physically and mentally able to work long hours with limited breaks
• Must be able to provide complete, independent personal care for yourself.
• Must be able to provide personal care for our campers including bathing, toileting, changing diapers, dressing, etc.