Part adventure. Part self-discovery. All fun! Campers leave Camp Stevens full of stories about delicious food, new friends, caring staff and the new activities they tried, from archery and the climbing wall to campfires and sunset hikes.
There's summer, and then there's summer at Camp Stevens. Summer camp at Camp Stevens is about laughing harder, singing louder and doing more than you ever thought possible. Here’s some of what you can expect:
1. Small group challenges and adventures: The adventures that your group goes on together will never be recreated. As you have fun and make friends, you’ll also learn more about yourself, and probably impress yourself along the way.
2. A staff that’s equal parts goofy and kind. Our staff is here because of you. They want to make your week at summer camp both fun and fulfilling, and they’ll work hard to make sure it happens. They’re also trained to pay attention to the little things, so if something’s not right, they can help fix it.
3. A lot of time outdoors: When you’re not exploring with your group, cooking over a campfire, building rock sculptures, counting shooting stars, scaling the climbing wall, or doing tie-dye, you might be snacking on raspberries in the orchard, drawing with sidewalk chalk, or climbing the treehouse.
4. Cabins with no walls! Our open-air cabins have roofs – maybe you’ll be here for a summer thunderstorm! – and no walls, so you can see the stars and hear crickets from your bed, each and every night.
5. Delicious meals that happen to be healthy, and that can be customized for a variety of dietary needs (You’re gluten free? No problem!) Our campers’ favorite meals are macaroni and cheese, homemade pizza, and – of course! – pancakes.
Our one-of-a-kind sessions for 8 to 18 year olds include Counselor Training, on-site Adventure Sessions (including the week "Epic" session, as well as International Odyssey where we’re joined by campers from Japan), and off-site Wilderness Adventure Trips, which include sea kayaking, rock climbing and backpacking.