Camp Alsing is an overnight summer camp in Maine for young people, ages 9-22, with social communication challenges. We help campers expand their boundaries in a traditional camp environment.
At Alsing, we have high expectations of our “Coaches”, and in return, we commit to providing coaches with solid training and the opportunity to have a transformative summer experience that will impact them both personally and professionally.
Being a camp counselor is exhausting and incredibly rewarding. If you love working with children and are ready for an incredible summer experience - please be in touch!
Coaches are mentors and role models for campers, and are also the primary caretaker for their assigned small group of campers. Counselors live in a college dorm setting with campers and co-counselors. Counselors eat meals with the campers, travel to activities with and guide campers throughout the day.
Preferred Training and Experience
- An enthusiasm and excitement to work with amazing kids, required
- Experience working with school-age children with Autism, or other special needs, preferred
- Summer camp experience preferred
- Outdoor education and other special skills, preferred
- Creating a fun, exciting environment of activities and learning that inspire community, flexibility and growth.
- Participation in a variety of outdoor and indoor activities such as theater games, athletics, board games, swimming and boating.
- Uses training provided by Camp Alsing to help children grow in their social abilities and skills.
- Facilitate the development of a connected, engaged small group
- Manages, with assistance from the other camp leaders, the daily schedule of activities for camp.
- Participation in onsite staff training prior to camp session.
- Other duties, as assigned.
We care about our staff!
At Alsing, we are committed to providing strong training and ongoing support to our staff team. We have a great rate of return from our staff because they love being part of a strong team in the beauty of Maine, contributing their knowledge and expertise, feeling valued, having fun, being trusted by leadership and making friends that last a lifetime.