PA Lions Beacon Lodge Camp is a very special place that provides the summer camp experience to children and adults living with special needs.
We are currently seeking Housekeepers, Cooks, Kitchen Helpers, RN/LPNs, and Counselors.
Residential Housekeepers - $9/hr + room and board (2)
Residential Cooks - $11/hr + room and board (3)
Residential Kitchen Helpers - $9/hr + room and board (6)
Residential Nurse - $14/hr + room and board (1)
These positions start June 3, 2022 and end on August 12, 2022.
General Counselor - $400/week + room and board
This position requires arrival to camp by May 27 and will begin Pre-Camp Training on May 28, 2022.
Seeking Camp Coordinator
HOURS: During Camp Season: Hours determined according to need.
On-call 24 hours a day throughout.
Off-Season: Monday – Friday 7:30-4:00 (40 hours)
Available for all off-season programs/rentals/events
SALARY: Payable every two weeks
BENEFITS: Housing, Retirement, Paid Holidays, Paid-
Vacation, Social Security, Medicare, Workman’s Compensation, Unemployment Compensation.
Utilities provided: Heat, Water, Wastewater, and Electric
Appliances provided: Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Stove, Refrigerator
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Should have a bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation; special education; recreation; or related field.
• A minimum of two years of administrative experience preferred.
• Experience working with special needs children and adults a must.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Ability to supervise counseling staff, and children & adult campers of all populations.
• Must be able to communicate effectively (i.e., campers with speech impediments and foreign staff).
• High energy, physically fit, determined, good character, integrity, reliability, and adaptability.
• Ability to plan, organize, and originate daily and offseason programs.
• Knowledge of the ADA standards.
• Computer literate: Word, Excel, Google Workspace Applications.
• Act 33, 34, and 114 clearances are required.
DUTIES (Included but are not limited to):
• Understand, accept, and interpret the purposes of the camp as per the “Charter & Bylaws” (see By-Laws Manual), Mission Statement, and Policy Manual
• Be a part of the determination of camp objectives and policies.
• Develop and implement programs, procedures, and practices for the summer and offseason programs.
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Program staff.
• Be part of the emergency response team during the Camping season
• Prepare and present reports at all Board meetings, help serve as public relations representative.
114 State Route 103 South
Mount Union, PA 17066
114 State Route 103 South
Mount Union, PA, 17066
Copyright © 1995 - 2022 Camp Channel, Inc.