NHMU offers a summer of adventures in the natural world. Our full- and half-day week-long science-themed camps are taught by certified teachers and are suited for each grade-level. The camps take advantage of the museum’s new learning labs and outdoor spaces, and offer hands-on experiences and fun activities.
Discover an entirely new adventure at the Natural History Museum of Utah this summer.
* Explore the natural world from new perspectives
* Put the scientific method into action
* Work with museum exhibits, artifacts, and live animals
* Discover the museum's many outdoor spaces around our new building
* Get your hands dirty in the new "Learning Lab" classrooms
* Make new friends and have fun
What makes our camps great?
* Certified teachers teach our camps and workshops.
* We offer Science Workshops for kids entering 6th through 8th grades. These workshops are more focused experiences, involve lab work, and provide kids opportunities to work with real scientists.
* We partner with outside organizations such as Red Butte Garden, Bad Dog Art Studio, Tanner Dance, Tracy Aviary, Play-Well TEKnologies, The Children's Theatre, Friends of the Great Salt Lake, Wasatch Community Gardens, and the Great Salt Lake Institute at Westminster College in order to broaden the experience for our campers.
Our hands-on, interactive camps/workshops offer activities on a wide-variety of natural history themes such as dinosaurs, insects, chemistry, anatomy, DNA science, geology, space, flight, water, nature, animals, weather, and ecosystems. Partner camps include topics such as dance, filmography, art, gardening, LEGOs, and farming.
NHMU Summer Camp 2012 runs June 4 through August 10. Each week-long summer camp is choc-full of science experiments, fun activities, and new experiences.